I moderated a great panel discussion on Sustainable Innovation yesterday on Focus. It was quite enlightening to hear insights from people who’ve been at larger companies like Facebook, Linkedin, eBay, and Yahoo; but have also been at smaller startups too. I raised the concept of “Compound Innovation” and wrote up some of my thoughts on why I think this is a very powerful model of innovation here.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- What differentiates successful innovation from the more typical product evolution?
- How do you best measure true innovation success vs. failure?
- How can you best optimize your organization and processes to foster successful innovation?
- After experiencing many different innovation programs and processes, what actually works?
- What are the myths of innovation that continue to be pitfalls?
Here is the MP3 audio recording of the panel discussion:
Focus Panel on Sustainable Innovation 9-28-11
LukeW Ideation & Design
Director of Design
Founder & CEO, Innovation Speaker & Consultant